16th Avenue Music leads the Creative Corridor in live entertainment productions. Based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 16th Avenue Music has been providing high- quality sound and lighting productions for 25 years. Concerts, festivals, corporate events, and fashion shows- any event requiring a high caliber of production by dedicated, knowledgeable staff operating cutting edge equipment.
Each year, we continue to grow through partnerships and strong relationships with our clients. Because of this growth, we would like to add an assertive, self-starter to our team. This “do whatever it takes” kind of individual will be responsible to perform a variety of technical and administrative duties involved in the planning, design, coordination, and production of various audio-visual projects. The media supported includes live and recorded video productions, audio visual support, equipment maintenance, systems engineering, and systems build. Duties include planning and executing live events, while serving as a liaison between our clients and 16th Avenue Music. Work involves the application of professional knowledge and personal judgment in a wide range of media productions.
- Basic lighting design capabilities and operations
- Knowledge of theatrical lighting for concerts, corporate events and theatrical production
- Technical skills for live event production, specifically lighting
- Able to provide technical direction for live events.
- Understanding of full live event build including staging, roofing and rigging.
- Ability to manage a production team and schedule on location.
- Identifies resources needed and individual responsibilities for productions.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of our customers’ demands.
- Represents company onsite and in client productions.
- Protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with customers.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, especially during summer months when the schedule can become hectic and extensive.
- All other duties as business require.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience on grandMA2 console, Avolite Pearl console,
- Certified Rigging certificate
- Good knowledge of intelligent moving fixtures operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Good knowledge of electrical theory, be able to read and follow electrical and system drawings and diagrams.
- Experience in Vectorworks Design software is a plus.
- Self starter with high energy level.
- Basic knowledge of lighting design & programming
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Sensitivity to customer needs & ability to problem solve.
- High standard of quality for production purposes and on time delivery.
- Ability to travel, work nights and weekends a must.
- Ability to drive company trucks and pull trailers.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Valid Iowa driver’s license is required.
About 16th Avenue Music
We take pride in providing our team with a comfortable, collaborative home-away-from-home workplace. Some of the benefits that will be extended to you include:
- Family-friendly environment
- Competitive salary
- Annual education reimbursement fund up to $2,000.00
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Flex Spending Reimbursement Plan (Medical & Dependent care)
- SIMPLE retirement plan
- Company cell phone
For confidential consideration, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-employment drug testing and background check required. 16th Avenue Music is a division of Wired Production Group.
Visit the partner companies of Wired Production Group at www.rauschproductions.com and www.16thavenuemusic.com. Wired Production Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.