For most people, summer is the best time to hit the open road and head out to music festivals and county fairs. Our production crew is no exception to this and as a matter of fact, we’ll be jumping in the driver’s seat to help produce a rad lineup of awesome events smattered across the midwest.
Everyone on the team concurred that a show on the road wouldn’t be complete without purple Gatorade, so we’ve made sure to pack our bags with plenty of that to stay hydrated as we power through the heat and humidity this summer. As everyone knows, no road trip would be complete without a solid navigator. While production crew member, Rob Silver, is no Robin, he never leaves home without a bag of Skittles in hand and Batman riding shotgun.
Our Top 8 festivities of the summer:
- BBQ RoundUp, Cedar Rapids, IA | BBQ and live music? Say no more.
- Jazz Festival, Iowa City, IA | The eastern Iowa culture capital does it again.
- The Classics at Brucemore, Cedar Rapids, IA | Shakespeare under the stars and you can bring your own wine.
- The Band Perry, Riverside, IA | Win big before you hit the beverage tent.
- The Great Jones County Fair, Monticello, IA | Because funnel cake and lemonade, am I right?
- Mississippi Valley Fair, Davenport, IA | With 3 Doors Down, Alabama, Rascal Flatts, Montgomery Gentry and more, there’s something for everyone here.
- Iowa Irish Fest, Waterloo, IA | Including, but not limited to, a bagpipe cover band.
- Kosmos Music Festival, St. Charles, IA | 48 hours of music, art, and food trucks. Hype!
For those of you who are driving somewhere on a road trip this summer, tell us where you’re going. While you’re at it, check out our employee-curated road trip playlist below and get down with Rausch!
Edit: We accidentally listed The Great Jones County Fair as being in Anamosa; it’s in Monticello. Sorry for any confusion!